[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Death of person I cared for - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Death of person I cared for

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
It is a very difficult time for you and you HAVE to go through all the stages of grief in one way or another.My husband had a brain haemorrhage and stroke with brain damage and loss of mobility in 2000 and it was the start of the long good bye but it still doesn't prepare you when daeth finally occurs, which it did in 2008.
Go onto automatic pilot-make yourself eat at normal meal times.Go out every day even if it is for 10 mins.Cope with the moment. If it is 5 mins-say I will do so and so and then decide what to do next.
CRUSE website is good and has a line you can phone.Get your GP to help with symptoms. Yes you have to grieve but if you can't sleep or eat, antidepressants are useful for some months and are not addictive like Valium(Diazepam) or sleeping tablets.I think griefing takes at least a year and personally 3 years down the line, I think I am somewhere between stage 6 and 7 but my friends think I am fine.Living on my own doesn't help, in some ways but I prefer that
Thank you so much for your kindness and wonderful advice . I am putting up a separate post because I found a means of help I did not know existed, and which may help other carers. (The post is called 'Help is available for suicidal bereaved carers' ). Sending my love to you all. Cherish xxx