[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CUk's short memory. - Carers UK Forum

CUk's short memory.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
3 yrs ago Cuk printed a post from me off this forum in their magazine without my permission.
I was told that in the small print of agreeing to join this forum, I agreed to my posts being used for any pr etc. However, I was told that as a matter of courtesy, should this happen again, people would in future be asked for their permission for their posts to be printed in the cuk magazine.
I had an email recently, informing me that one of my posts was being printed in the next issue, again, without my consent.
I just want to let people know this happens in case they are not aware, and inform them that they need to be careful re confidentiallity in what they post just in case this happens to them.
Best wishes.
Mairie, I've asked Matt or Gavin to respond to this. Might be a day or two, though, as I don't know their work schedule.
They should print ALL THE POSTS from the forum we might then get a reaction from those in power .
Dear Mairie,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I'll investigate what happened and get back to you.

Best wishes

Gavin
They should print ALL THE POSTS from the forum we might then get a reaction from those in power .
i agree with george on this one,
anything that brings awareness surely is
a help.... Image

krys
I had the same email and it related to the following thread.

http://www.carersuk.org/Forums/viewtopi ... &highlight

It was an issue that comes up time and time again about the heavy load of washing that many carers cope with.Something that needs highlighted at all times but especially just now with credit crunch and costs incurred being sky high.

Hi
Personally i cant see how confidentiality comes into it if you post on this forum you give that up as the whole WWW can see it what's a few more people in a magazine going to make any difference.

I don't mean to be personal to the above post but once on the web it's no longer your personal property you give that right up unless you have some form of copy right.

John
As one poster who is regularly cut and pasted by others without permission (and usually selectively and misleadingly) I stopped worrying about it ages ago. People can always come here and see the whole story. As a result I see your point John and agree to some extent, but it's a courtesy issue, surely? CUK can and should behave better than those people.

Also while our posters here may be "out there" in the public arena of the worldwide web, their carees may not see it. Publication in a newsletter is different and the post may cause some upset. This may not be a consideration for some but for others their caree comes first and they would do a lot to avoid upsetting their caree.

Better surely to ask permission - most of us would choose to publish, but others may feel more uncomfortable and we should respect that.
Hi
Personally i cant see how confidentiality comes into it if you post on this forum you give that up as the whole WWW can see it what's a few more people in a magazine going to make any difference.

I don't mean to be personal to the above post but once on the web it's no longer your personal property you give that right up unless you have some form of copy right.

John
I agree. As long as your e-mail address and real name is not printed what is the problem? As John says if you post on a forum you give permission for the whole world to see your posts anyway!
I see your point John but tend to agree with Charles on this one. My Jill isn't interested in anything on the web, but reads a lot and could easily be seriously offended by some of my postings about her. She suffers from a nervous disorder/Dementia and my name would be mud and my life made hell for ages. It's so difficult when your dealing with someone who cannot rationalize like the rest of us. In fact it's a bl***y nightmare!!

Pete