[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Criminal record - Carers UK Forum

Criminal record

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi guys I need some advice
Four years ago I committed a crime and I got a caution for it. However its on my dbs for safeguarding adults. I was a carer since age of 18 and stopped when the offence happened and also after having kids.
I want to go back to care working but I'm scared to get rejected coz of what I did years ago. I'm also at the same time studying criminology to become a police officer.
What do you guys suggest I do about it
There is nothing you can do about it, but declare it when applying for a post and on the DBS application. You will have to have an up to date one. That will prove you are not trying to hide anything. The prospective employer will talk to you about it and make a decision. Depends what the caution was for. Some things sadly are never ' spent, but may not affect your prospects.
Are you wanting to do care work while studying criminology? Sounds an lot of work and studying.
Hi
Thank you for this information. Coz on the letter I received it says barred and that in 2023 they could review it.
I'm currently studying part time with open University
Well done for studying with open university. Hope everything works out well for you.
Hello Sarah

I wanted to wish you a warm welcome to the forum and to let you know about some online sessions we are running for carers at the moment. We're running a weekly care for a cuppa session it's a social event where carers come together and talk and information share, although there's no pressure to share anything you're not comfortable with, here's the joining link
https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... ne-meetups

We also have our Share and Learn: - these sessions range from creative writing activities to beginners Latin dance sessions.
https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... e-sessions

And of course there is our Carers UK's helpline should you need advice or support - Our Telephone Helpline is available on 0808 808 7777 from Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm or you can contact us by email (advice@carersuk.org)

kind regards
Ingrid