[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Continuing Health Care/Direct Payments - Carers UK Forum

Continuing Health Care/Direct Payments

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
For once and for all, does anybody know whether the NHS can give Direct Payments, if you qualify for Cont. H. Care???? In the Act of Parliament, nothing says that they can't, but the Welsh NHS who gave hubby the qualification for CHC are ADAMENT that they cannot pay Direct Payments. They want to shift our care, out of our hands and BACK TO AGENCY CARE. NO, NO, NO ......... So - can they give us DPs or not??? We currently have them via our local council (now living in Shropshire) AND IT'S GREAT. Just another fight we have on our hands at the moment.
Hi Fran, I'm not sure as it seems to be different depending where you live. Image
I'd be asking my local MP for an urgent and accurate! answer.

Just to further confuse us all as we're in Scotland, it'd need to be the MSP we contact as health is a devolved issue. Image
Good luck with this one.
marie x