[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Closure of Daycare Facility - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Closure of Daycare Facility

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
It is lovely around lake windermere, some nice gift shops there too, (I collect semi precious stones & go to the gift shops round that area when ever I get a chance ) Im much further away, im closer to ennerdale lake Image
We have visited the Lakes for over 30 years now.
Any where between Penrith and Cockermouth and from as high as Carlisle down to Grange over Sands.To have a place of such beauty on our door step is great.
It was ideal to take mam and Robert.
Well I havent got much further despite sending out copies of the letter stating the day care facility would no longer exist from the 28th of September, I was called back by a news reporter who said the healthcare trust had gagged the press office too, & wont even acknowledge anyone now, so they are still going ahead with the closure, or restructring as they like to call it, & now no one is getting a chance to have their say about it!
Well I havent got much further despite sending out copies of the letter stating the day care facility would no longer exist from the 28th of September, I was called back by a news reporter who said the healthcare trust had gagged the press office too, & wont even acknowledge anyone now, so they are still going ahead with the closure, or restructring as they like to call it, & now no one is getting a chance to have their say about it!
Try the national papers.
According to the "Disability Rights Handbook"
"Once services are provided, a local authority may not withdraw or reduce them (wether or not as a result of introducing stricter eligibility criteria) without conducting a community care assessment of the person concerned"
I read recently of a carers group who prevented a local day care centre from closing by seeking legal advice and using the legislation that exists to protect them.
Good luck[/quote]

My Mother attending her Daycare Centre is mentioned in her Social Services
Care Plan, and on my Carers Assessment as being of benefit to both of us.

Although Social Services didn't originally have any thing to do with arranging
for her attend the centre as it is an open centre for any pensioner to attend.
They have adopted her attending there as part of her CP.

So there is the Carers angle to play on here to.

Is there anything we can do, email or write to the authorties?
This Carers Summit demands that Government increase funding for care for disabled and older people.

Any investment in social care should ensure

• the impact that caring has on carers’ lives is reduced
• that carers’ human rights are protected
• that carers have choices and opportunities in their lives to work, to learn and to spend time on themselves
Laughable isn't it? We are demanding more funding and the LA are closing places.