[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CHILDREN IN NEED - Carers UK Forum

CHILDREN IN NEED

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Children in need is on telly guys.Have made my donation online and have also discovered you can use Coinstar machines so we gunna get rid of our loose coins that we got in a jar.All for a good cause.Come on guys forget your troubles for a few mins and spare some cash so the unfortunate kids can have a childhood that we had when we were kids.
Will give our donation into the bank on Monday.
Good idea Johnboy.
A very good cause just recording the rest of the show and going to bed now.
Goodnight all.
John
I heard, a couple of years back, that Terry Wogan gets paid a fee of £22,000 for presenting the show!
I just cant make my mind up re charities when it is for people with health problems or the carers of people with health problems i would rather pay extra tax and have the state pay for all health care, i know of someone who needed a break from their role as a carer they contacted local charity for respite break she was in receipt of carers alowance and like me she had private occupational pension, the whole break was means tested and she got no help at all from them, some 2 years later she reaplied this time they offered her a break but only if she took her mother with her.
What annoys me is many charities have high paid executives to help with "fundraising" most of the fundraisers work for nowt as volunterrs and it`s usualy the high paid executives who get KNIGHTED / HONOURED - iam accepting this honour not just for myself but for all of our volunteers 3 cheers for Mrs GIMME-MORE-CASH aint it strange they all have double barreled names.
Look at all the celebs who turn up they all have millions in the bank and what do they do give up a few days "work" per year just to clear their conscience oh i and get in a plug for their panto or some tour that has not sold many tickets the whole thing is a sham to me, i would respect celebs more if they just got on with the charity work without to much publicity .
As a SUNDERLAND supporter i aint a big fan of ALAN SHEARER but he has set up a foundation to help mainly young kids ( i think ) he just gets on with the job we all know he`s doing it but he does not stand up and say look at me iam doing all this good work give me a pat on the back and a medal on my chest thank you maam .

sorry i hate to sound cynical but thats just me even the poppy day which i support in all reality we should not have to rely on hand outs for veterans the state should look after their own .
@ George the state is too busy looking after the Illegal imigrants and themselves to be bothered with the rest of us.
@ George the state is too busy looking after the Illegal imigrants and themselves to be bothered with the rest of us.
I don't think that is quite true!
I don't think that is quite true!

It always seems that way.
True Jonny it does seem that way.
Councils leaving homes empty for asylum seekers to move into
What happened to first come first served?
When I read this thread, I was astonished at the kindness, generosity and compassion of the Carers at this cause - I think there is a lesson to be learnt by all!

I also think you can't be failed to be moved by the accounts of the kids that this charity helps, for instance a girl who suffers with a hearing impairment life was transformed with dance lessons, and she said that she would like to train to be a dance teacher to help other kids who also suffer from a hearing impairment.

Also a child with meningitis, unfortunately, had to have her legs amputated, so she had to walk around on her knees. She said she was bullied for having meningitis, and said that people should not bully others, but should care for each other. Makes you wonder what's the excuse of the behaviour the nasty bullies in this world?

There was another child who had a tracheotomy, who was well loved and cared for.

I am left speechless at the generosity of the Carers and the attitudes of the young kids, who are not bitter or angry in any way, but are compassionate and caring - they are an inspiration!