[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CHC : RATIONED ? High Time To Ask Some Obvious Questions ??? - Page 7 - Carers UK Forum

CHC : RATIONED ? High Time To Ask Some Obvious Questions ???

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
64 posts
Congratulations!
oh well done Rosemary. one should not have to struggle like this to get the correct decision.

what happens to all the people who have not got famalies to fight (and yes it is a fight) for them.
I've asked that question a few times when fighting for my now late husband, ( thankfully managed with lots of research) A social worker told me it depended on the allocated social worker, as they would want CHC granted to save social services paying? Probably wouldn't have as much detail or even passion to fight though.
It's dreadful. The rules change all the time and hard to keep up with.
Pet66 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:55 pm
I've asked that question a few times when fighting for my now late husband, ( thankfully managed with lots of research) A social worker told me it depended on the allocated social worker, as they would want CHC granted to save social services paying? Probably wouldn't have as much detail or even passion to fight though.
It's dreadful. The rules change all the time and hard to keep up with.
I see above quite a bit. Hubby just turned 59 yrs in March and in advanced stages. Other residents around him bless them, are in their 70's, 80's and 90's, not all with Alzheimers. Some receiving palliative care.

With visiting for long spells each day, I have seen how circumstances for many of them have changed and most have no family/relatives still living to fight on their behalf. At times it reaches crisis stage before action taken. Those that do have spouses still living, they themselves are sometimes in ill health and battling to keep going. My heart breaks some days.

x x
64 posts