[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CHC : RATIONED ? High Time To Ask Some Obvious Questions ??? - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

CHC : RATIONED ? High Time To Ask Some Obvious Questions ???

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
64 posts
Yep ... ties in with the main thread on CHC RATIONING :

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support- ... 0rationing

Difficult to pin down but there are several of a similar nature on the Interest ... some buried more than 12 feet deep.

SCOPE / Alzheimers Society / MoneySavingExpert forums ... worth exploring for numerous reports of failure within the
CHC / NHS Contuing Healthcare system

Even a House Report ... posted in full in the main thread ... is worthy of reading ... especially when considering the NHS
got it's knuckles wrapped by the Health Committee.

True to form , little has changed since that Report.

( MODS ... CAN YOU AMALGAMATED THIS THREAD WITH THE MAIN ONE ... LINK AS ABOVE. )
Ask and ye shall receive :P
Eventually ... ?
I have 2 x reviews coming up for CHC. 1 for hubby and 1 for brother. Will keep you posted

x
Rosemary
I am so thinking of you. Remember it well, not sure I will ever forget.
Don't forget, A managed need is still a need!
'Managed needs' seem to be the buzzwords.
Good luck with both Rosemary, I know you have been battling on both fronts for far too long.
Pet66 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:15 pm
Rosemary
I am so thinking of you. Remember it well, not sure I will ever forget.
Don't forget, A managed need is still a need!
'Managed needs' seem to be the buzzwords.
Likewise you are in my thoughts a lot too. Your journey was so long and you have been, and still are, an inspiration to so many members

Hubby now has 1-1 staff from 8am till midnight on top of the nursing home charges. I know you, and others, will understand when I say that although he receives excellent care, all I want to do is wrap him up and bring him home. My head tells me the right decision was made for his safety etc, yet my heart at times is still full of guilt that I could not care for him any longer.

I am prepared for both meetings, printed lots of info from the web as well as some that Chris has posted. Yet as you know, even though we feel fully armed, we still have the waiting game for a decision. Saying that, last time we got it at the end of the meeting but he had just came out of hospital.

Brothers case is different but I have my MP in the background and will call on him if needs be.

x
bowlingbun wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:47 pm
Good luck with both Rosemary, I know you have been battling on both fronts for far too long.
I think most members, yourself included, can be 'battle weary', and yet we have no choice but to carry on.

x x
If anyone has any " New " bits ... so that we can ALL share them ... I'll add to the main thread.

( Even if that age old remedy ... a thick brown envelope ... tends to work on certain manors ? ... ALLEGEDLY ? ... thanks , Hislop. )

Running out of contrasting colours doesn't help !

Before long ... x ray / ultra violet / infra red ... with special goggles provided ?
rosemary wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:24 pm
bowlingbun wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:47 pm
I think most members, yourself included, can be 'battle weary', and yet we have no choice but to carry on.

x x
I think battle weary is a good choice of words. Best of luck Rosemary. I found the repeated meetings about Dad draining and awful. I fully believe the system is designed to grind you down until you give up. But I felt SO strongly that he had to qualify we didn't give up and full funding was granted. XX
64 posts