[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
OVER PRESCRIBED ???? -Carers UK Forum

OVER PRESCRIBED ????

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
This is the 5th time in six weeks that the old doll has ben prescribed AMOXICILLIN 50 mgs 3 times a day for five days = aint there a limit to this drug ???
Good old Amoxy, it's the wonder drug of choice these days, or so it seems. Image

Every time my dad has needed anti-biotics, it's always been them. Last twice i needed some it was them as well. Maybe i'm too cynical but prehaps they are the cheapest ones available?
They are!
I was told they cost a penny a pill - says it all really. Image
marie x
If your worried about immunity please dont be. Check this artical out it may help
http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... ic-immunit
Bacteria do become resistant to antibiotics over time and Amoxicillin is over-prescribed because it is so cheap. The best way to find out if a repeat infection is no longer responding to a particular bacterium is to take a swab/specimen and culture it, this will also determine the most effective antibiotic, we have had this problem with the over-prescribing of Amoxicillin for Staph infections but it applies to the over-prescribing of any antibiotic hence MRSA.
ahhhh the good old amoxcillin, used so much that amy asked the dr if she needed it today!

it is over perscribed, i dont bother now, if i get given it i dont take it, not worth it ive had it so often im sure it dont work now lol