[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Urgent help - Carers UK Forum

Urgent help

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi,
I need an advice please. Will got to hospital for few days for an operation.
I am taking the care allowance as I looked after my son who is high functioning autism, 22 years old
Do not want to leave him alone at home. do not know what to do.
Also do I have to inform the Carers Allowance or not. thanks
Hi!
Carers allowance is not an issue, as long as it is just for a short stay.
As for support at home, contact the social work team - they have a duty to arrange appropriate support, probably in your own home but they may have some sort of residential respite available, perhaps in a normal family home (adult foster care) or a smaller domestic scale staffed unit.
Hi,
Thanks. what you mean by domestic scale stuffed unit? Is it like a care home?
Also do you think using a normal family home is a good idea. Have not heard of it before.
I informed the social service but she did not get back to me.
Bye.Helen
You need to get back to Social Services I'm afraid, you have a legal right to an emergency (short notice) assessment. Tell them what the worse case scenario is - what might happen whilst you are away. You need to be a bit of a drama-queen in these situations. :o