[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Careworker Shortgage ? Family Carers To The Rescue ... Whilst Balancing Working With Caring ??? - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

Careworker Shortgage ? Family Carers To The Rescue ... Whilst Balancing Working With Caring ???

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
My son has had so may carers. I'd like to see them have to pass a basic test, able to account for spending £100 a week, able to prepare an cook so please meals, keep a care record diary etc., before they are let loose on some of the most vulnerable people I the country.
Future looks bleak for carer availability next year. Home Secretary thinks that the economically inactive are going to come out of the woodwork to work for care agencies, hospitals etc is totally unrealistic. Some of us economically inactive are already slogging our guts out, physically and emotionally for less than pocket money. It's a disgrace.

Looks like a critical problem for the Carers UK's priorities list!

I agree with Melly, those with A-level equivalent education probably would not be heading to UK for care agency jobs. Don't know how many points you get for those anyway. Has government said home carers will be in some way prioritized, or will they wait for crisis to get even worse?...
My mother's care home is currently in "special measures" so vacant rooms have to stay empty. As there are quite a few of these now, staff levels have been reduced proportionately. We hope that the rating will improve at the next CQC inspection, at which point they will start "refilling" their rooms … and will have to recruit the appropriate level of staff to cover this.

We are not sure where these staff will come from - the care home has always had a problem getting staff as it's out in the country, not on a bus route, and the parent company quote this as one of the reasons why it's difficult for them to recruit - although it didn't stop them building another 40-room facility right next door!
Immigration policy will cost care sector 500,000 staff, claims union

GMB says new system policy will hit up to half a million employees born outside UK

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... rs-from-eu