[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carerspovertyprotest January newsletter - Carers UK Forum

Carerspovertyprotest January newsletter

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Carers Poverty Protest Newsletter
January 2009

The London Protest and Rally will be held in Old Palace Yard between 11am and 2.30pm on Wednesday 22nd April 2009. Banners may be carried unfurled, peacefully, along the pavements only.

We are asking all Carers organisations to:

Publicise the Carers Poverty Protest
Help with respite care for marchers
Organise transport (buses/cars etc) for groups
Design and make their own placards and banners, with carers poverty as the theme
To wear a visible article of clothing in the colour chosen by their group to represent
their group

In Scotland there will be a march (subject to police approval) starting from Edinburgh Castle then walking right down the Royal Mile to Holyrood. Starting at 1 pm on Wednesday April 22nd, led by a pipe band. People who are unable to march to join us outside the Scottish Parliament from around 1.45 pm.
Following the march a Rally will be held outside the Scottish Parliament with celebrity speakers, followed by a lobby of MSPs.

We are asking all Carers organisations in Scotland to:

Publicise the Carers Poverty Protest
Help with respite care for marchers
Organise transport (buses/cars etc) for groups from across Scotland – bus parking at Castle Terrace
Design and make their own placards and banners
Wear some tartan - kilts, bonnets and scarves welcome!
Bring a packed lunch
March and rally over by 4 pm

MP's blogs
http://www.power-to-the-people.co.uk/mps-blogs/

Please feel free to use the template below to send to MP's on the above site.

Dear.....................
My name is .......................... and I am a Carer.
I fully support the aims of the Carers Poverty Protest, but due to the fact I cannot leave my caree, who is not fit to also attend, I am unable to join the march on the 22nd April 2009.
Also, being a Carer, I cannot afford the respite cover to enable me to attend, nor the cost of travelling to London.
Even if I could afford the cost, there is not reliable, appropriate respite available to me.
Yours ............................

carerspovertyprotest@googlemail.com

If you have any queries please contact us at the above address
or look in at http://carerspovertyprotest.myfreeforum.org
Hi Myrtle,
I have emailed my MP Richard Younger-Ross with the above protest letter supporting Carers in poverty.

Trust you are both well

Pete
Thanks Pete Image Image
We have a pledge from a centre in the area, to see what they can do ref refreshments
seeing if local carers would be able to put travelling carers up if needed, Seeing if any local
celebrities would like to be guest speakers, baners, media, etc
Will ask bro STAN who is full time union officer with the R.M.T. RAIL MARITIME TRANSPORT UNION if he can get BOB CROW to come along our office is just up the road so who knows BOB is a good speaker so if he aint in CUBA Image Image iam sure he will come along many workers like me gave up good jobs to become carers so iam sure he would have something to say .

i do hope to be at the protest but as we have some 300 miles will be in hotel before and after i can highly recommend the IBIS next door to Euston = Cardington street

WHAT is the exact location of protest will we have much walking to do ???????
WHAT is the exact location of protest will we have much walking to do ???????
Old palace Yard, it's directly opposite parliament, there wont be much walking as it's a static protest.
however, you can walk along the pavement with your banner on the
way to old palace yard Image
We are hiring a coach to travel upto Edinburgh so there will be around 40 of us.

marie x
every time we go down we have a chat with our IRAQI protester but did not see him over Christmas hope he is ok . is it beside the Queen ELIZABETH center????

as you all know me and GORDON on first name terms so no doubt he will let me park at back of number 10 must remember to get my congestion charge exemption done
We are hiring a coach to travel upto Edinburgh so there will be around 40 of us.

marie x
great stuff marie.......you may get to see rob in a kilt Image