[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers with no PC -Carers UK Forum

Carers with no PC

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
We all know that it is just a tiny percent of carers who use the carer forums.

How do we reach the thousands of carers that don't have PC's? This is a really important question as the majority of carers probably know nothing of an up and coming protest.
notify via local care groups and the media.
Word of mouth, other family members may have the internet.
what we need is free computers for Carers.
I agree, Carers should be able to access PC's. I do know of one person who was able to get one through the Carers Assessment team and a grant, stating that she needed it as she cannot get out of the house often. I have never heard of another Carer getting one this way, but it helps me so much, even when I don't write on here, just to read other Carers worries, fears, love, jokes and everything, knowing that I am not alone.I also talk to a couple of friends who are not Carers, that I have met through my cross stitching, which means I am able to get away from caring, too, while still online.

I am sitting her now, on-call caring if any of them need me,but for now I have a while to read these forums, and write if I have a response.I would not be able to have this much interaction with other people without Internet access. Image
The PRTC has come out in support of the protest on their forum board, so we should be able to reach a lot of carers aithout computers through their carer centres
The PRTC has come out in support of the protest on their forum board, so we should be able to reach a lot of carers aithout computers through their carer centres
Do you have a link for this Myrtle?, I am not overly familiar with there
[quote]By Michele
Re]

LINK