[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers Trust : Emergency Scheme For Family Carers - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Carers Trust : Emergency Scheme For Family Carers

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hiya Bill, This is what happened to me (summer last year). I requested some help from 'the team' social care and health, as I was told by my GP I could go into a coma at any time. I alerted the 117 'team' who offered '2 weeks respite' and then ignored this offer for the next 3 months. 3 months later they took it to the panel.
During those 3 months, they left me caring for 115 hrs a week and they demanded meetings (for CHC for my son) over 3 hours in duration. When asking the allocated social worker 'what would happen to my son if I went into a coma'...The answer was...He didn't know.
And this question was in regard to my son who is 34 and requires 24-hour care...and is on a 117 aftercare...A young man who is totally dependant on others and doesn't even know how to use a phone, can not communicate properly...and has moderate/severe LD, autism on the lower end and seizures occurring many times a day.
Yep..the mind boggles at the lack of co-ordination of key services THEN and before this crisis...and before the relaxation of responsibility, we now have by Law, of the care Act...Via Corona Act now in place.
Carers UK

I am also concerned what would happen should we need to isolate without our two carees.

It is a concern

There was not anybody lining up to help care before so I cant imagine it now.
EXPENDABLE ?

ABANDONED ?

EXPLOITED ?

Now all three ... and will be the new " Norm " ... even after the all clear is given ?

The Coronavirus Act does give a little assurance but ... given the financial meltdown , who will be brave enough to evoke that " Assurance. "
Hiya Cloudy and Bill, It's all 3 Bill...I believe the truth is, they will ignore...They will be blanking desperate phone calls for as long as possible..be unavailable to contact due to 'the coronavirus' and carers will be left whether ill or not regardless, having to continue caring or family will be forced to take over due to service ignoring.
Surely if it's a safeguarding issue they would have to act wouldn't they?
In my case, it's been all three, many, many times.