[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CARERS TIME BOMB ?????? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

CARERS TIME BOMB ??????

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
depends how old u are and ur kids r when they care for u i suppose ?
Marie, I think the way that your daughter is involved in her father's care is wonderful.

She is paid for the time she cares (through your hard-fought for DPs) and works just 2 nights per week.

I think previous postings refer to children (of any age) caring on a much greater timescale and receiving CA (or not - overlapping benefit rule.)
Marie, I meant that no way would I want any of my children to give up their lives to care for me, full time, like I do for my OH.
It is probably a very selfish view, but I want my children to have the life that they have every right to expect and for me not to be a burden on them, for the princely sum of £48.
It was in no way any reflection on how others arrange their lives and I do think it is great that you can pay your daughter to do this and that she wants to.