[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CARERS RIGHTS - Carers UK Forum

CARERS RIGHTS

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Back To Work Interviews Image

Carers back to work interviews are now up and running at the Job Centres. Apparently a carer was sent a letter with an appointment date that said ‘failure to keep this appointment may affect your benefit’. The advisor tried to increase this person hour of work from 6 hours a week to 16 hours.

I thought carers who provide 35 hours a week of unpaid care were free to make a decision to take up work rather than being threatened to take up work?

So much for Human Rights and Equality by association. Image

http://www.carersuk.org/Information/Hel ... 1094546559

There is a plan to remove carers off benefits, so by removing CA and AA you'll have no choice but to take up work.

Have you signed
To amend the regulations for DLA/CA
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FairerDLA/#detail
This story does not surprise me -caring IS work -I gave my paid job up like many others to better look after my wife. I receive Carers Allowance and have never (as yet) had to attend any interview,however,when I was working part-time and unsuccessfully claimed Carers Allowance (due to earning a bit too much) I had to take time off work to attend an interview-the first question being what kind of work are you interested in!!!As far as I am
concerned if you receive Carers Allowance you should never be under any obligation to attend interviews.Two contradictory misconceptions are rife -

1.-people on Carers Allowance are not really working and/or if they
are receiving it or claim it they are trying to gain money from the State rather than looking for a "proper "job or do as little as possible if they have paid employment.This despite the fact that you have to care for 35 hours -(a lot of people do a lot more)!

2 -they are unemployable due to lack of education,experience etc- I am talking about people who have decided not to be in paid employment here -otherwise why would they want to have £53.10 rather than try and get a proper job? The fact that financial considerations NOT being the determinant factor is beyond these people.Love, loyalty and above all care is not part of their lexicon.
entity-have signed the petiton-thankyou for bringing it to my attention Image
Signed. My CA has stopped for a few weeks because my wife was in rehab.
I haven't received a letter from DWP yet, I only noticed that I haven't received CA because I checked my bank account online.

BS
Back To Work Interviews Image

Carers back to work interviews are now up and running at the Job Centres. Apparently a carer was sent a letter with an appointment date that said ‘failure to keep this appointment may affect your benefit’. The advisor tried to increase this person hour of work from 6 hours a week to 16 hours.

I thought carers who provide 35 hours a week of unpaid care were free to make a decision to take up work rather than being threatened to take up work?

So much for Human Rights and Equality by association. Image

http://www.carersuk.org/Information/Hel ... 1094546559

There is a plan to remove carers off benefits, so by removing CA and AA you'll have no choice but to take up work.

Have you signed
To amend the regulations for DLA/CA
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FairerDLA/#detail
Flip me, it's ridiculous, trying to increase the hours that they are working, if that person is earning £6 (20p over minimum wage) then they'll be earning more than £95 p.w and won't be entitled to CA.

Here's a suggestion for the DWP -
Focus on people who have been on long term JSA before you come to us Carers. Oh and some more jobs would be nice as well
JSA yes, do something about that, they have no job, we have one thanks!
signed Image
I will sign and put it on my forum too as well as facebook later. x

EDIT:

I have already signed and it is already on my forum from some time ago.

So all done. Image
Has anyone informed the daily mirror about the carer who was forced to have this so called back to work interview. After all they are supposed to be supporting and campaigning for us carers so surely this is the sort of story they should be running in their newspaper!
Signed