[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CARERS PROTEST /RADICAL SOLUTION - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

CARERS PROTEST /RADICAL SOLUTION

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Kenneth I hope you are not suggesting anyone use IRA tactics to get more help for carers? You appear to be condoning their terror camapaign on the grounds of the ends justify the means? Maybe you should think before you post, I for one find that even mentioning the IRA in connection with carers is deeply offensive! Image Image
Well what can i say have we all forgotten the IRA and the militant actions of this group is that not my point that they have achieved a type of peace and co-existance .

What i have been saying forever is that we cannot go on and on where is it going to end if we just get fobbed of and renegadded to the wings day in day out.

Gordon Brown is on his way out and has only himself to blame and as for the governments attitude to Carers is very condescending.

He thinks we are a bunch of tossers and loosers who do this for fun and enjoyment.

i am sorry if my capitols offended anyone it was and has been done out of shheer shheer frustration and at wits end scenario i think all Carers find themselves in.

kenneth2dundeenow fife.
Kenneth, have you considered joining the Carers poverty protest group? on ( http://carerspovertyprotest.myfreeforum.org ) maybe they are not into bombings but are militant, free thinking and into direct action. The protest has been supported by all the indie Carers boards along with being endorsed by the charities.
I am sure they would welcome your membership and input and help you channel your anger into something more constructive and fullfilling than bombing.
The protest has been supported by all the indie Carers boards along with being endorsed by the charities.
Maybe replaced with the word some!
The protest has been supported by all the indie Carers boards along with being endorsed by the charities.
Maybe replaced with the word some!
I think that it would be true to say that the aims of the protest are supported by the majority of, if not all, carers, I'm unaware of any carer who chooses to live in poverty. It's also true that not all owners of boards are engaging in the protest action and some are reluctant to let their members know that the Carers Poverty Action board exists. Personally I think that this is a little unfair to their members who are perfectly capable of deciding for themselves whether they want to engage in the organisation of the protest or the protest itself rather than have the decision made on their behalf.
Hi
I will mention the IRA in connection with caring.
While on holiday in Teneriffe we met a lady that had lost her Leg and been in a coma for 3 month's after the bombings in Northern Ireland.
This lady came up to my wife who is also a Amputee and told her that it was nice to see another Amputee enjoying a holiday and said people don't realize how difficult it was to have a holiday with a wheelchair till you are in one.
Then told us about her terrible experience.
Was shopping one fine day with her friends the bomb went off that's all she knew till 3 month's later ie her friend's did not survive and this lady had lost 3 month's of her life and is now permanently Disabled and needs caring given to her by her husband but no bitterness some lady.
That know is our friend.
Peace as come at a price winner's but many loser's in the process for Peace.
Never Never Condone Violence
John.
Hi
I will mention the IRA in connection with caring.
While on holiday in Teneriffe we met a lady that had lost her Leg and been in a coma for 3 month's after the bombings in Northern Ireland.
This lady came up to my wife who is also a Amputee and told her that it was nice to see another Amputee enjoying a holiday and said people don't realize how difficult it was to have a holiday with a wheelchair till you are in one.
Then told us about her terrible experience.
Was shopping one fine day with her friends the bomb went off that's all she knew till 3 month's later ie her friend's did not survive and this lady had lost 3 month's of her life and is now permanently Disabled and needs caring given to her by her husband but no bitterness some lady.
That know is our friend.
Peace as come at a price winner's but many loser's in the process for Peace.
Never Never Condone Violence
Anyone who has experienced terrorism first hand knows that it is no way to achieve one's aims. Even if Kenneth is frustrated with the present carer's funding it was inexcusable to mention IRA terror tactics, imo
Hi, there are always differing opinions on a forum.
I think, it's the richness of diversity that makes them work so well!

Like it or not there are many methods of protest and on a protest thred, it was only a matter of time before they were all mentioned!

No worries Annie!

#Take 2....

I think the way to go is really:
  • Raising Awareness,
    Education,
    Information
    and most importantly...
    Pushing hard for changes
More or less what I posted previously! Image

marie x
One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. I never for a minute think that anybody feels like they will take up arms and be willing to lay down their lives. As Carers we already give our lives for others, more akin to a vocation in life.
Kenneth, PLEASE STOP SHOUTING!!!" (i.e. typing everything in capitals).
I agree. But to answer the point, I think that peaceful protest usually achieves more, and a lot quicker, than violence or lawbreaking. After all, what's the point in trying to change the law if you don't respect it in the first place - its counterproductive, isn't it? Anyway we wouldn't be much use to our carees in jail, would we?
I read kenneth2dundee's IRA post differently to everyone else. I assumed he meant "look how violent the IRA were" - meaning violence does speak. Of course I'm not condoning it but I don't think he meant it in the way it's been taken.
Hi
I too know that Ken did not mean it in that way what i said was that i would mention the IRA in the same posting as caring.
I too don't like being told not to put thing's in my posting's that name other organization's.
I know Ken gets very annoyed at time's but that does not make him a bad person his thoughts are his own and they just boil over at time's.
He is a very good contributor to this site and as been for a long time get to know him before you judge him.
John