[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CARERS PROTEST /RADICAL SOLUTION - Carers UK Forum

CARERS PROTEST /RADICAL SOLUTION

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
DO US CARERS HAVE TO TRY AND BECOME REAL TROUBLEMAKERS AND DUE TO THIS PATRONIZING ATTITUDE BY THIS REGIME HAVE TO BREAK THE LAW TO ACHIEVE A BETTER THAN POOR EXISTANCE.

DO WE HAVE TO CREATE MURDER AND MAYHEM JUST LIKE THE IRA IN THEIR FIGHT AND STRUGGLE FOR JUSTICE AND FREE SPEECH OR MEANINGFUL CHANGE AND DIALOGUE.

DO WE HAVE TO BLOW UP A CAR TO GET THE HELP WE NEED ALL WE ALL HEAR AND SEE IS TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK AND SPEECH THIS PPER THIS CONSULTATION AROUND IN CIRCLES ALL THE TIME.

YOU SEE I FEEL WE ARE LOOSING THE BATTLE AND CARERS UK JUST DONT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO EXACT THE CHANGE AND CAMPAIGNING WE NEED FOR A ABOVE POVERTY LEVEL
CARERS ALLOWANCE.

KENNETH2DUNDEENOW FIFE
Kenneth, I realise you're annoyed (as are the rest of us) BUT PLEASE STOP SHOUTING!!!" (i.e. typing everything in capitals).

It's very hard on the eyes, and also bad nettiquette.
Kenneth, PLEASE STOP SHOUTING!!!" (i.e. typing everything in capitals).
I agree. But to answer the point, I think that peaceful protest usually achieves more, and a lot quicker, than violence or lawbreaking. After all, what's the point in trying to change the law if you don't respect it in the first place - its counterproductive, isn't it? Anyway we wouldn't be much use to our carees in jail, would we?
Kenneth, PLEASE STOP SHOUTING!!!" (i.e. typing everything in capitals).
I agree. But to answer the point, I think that peaceful protest usually achieves more, and a lot quicker, than violence or lawbreaking. After all, what's the point in trying to change the law if you don't respect it in the first place - its counterproductive, isn't it? Anyway we wouldn't be much use to our carees in jail, would we?
Excellent point there. if we did illegal activities then we'd lose support from media and MP's. And these are one of our most powerful allies. We need to make sure our protest and other things that we do are nice and legal.

As Excalibur says, if we acted unlawfully it would be counterproductive!
What support from media and MPs have we got to lose??

Being nice for 40 years has achieved nothing for carers. How many nice protests get any media attention?
How many nice protests show the desperation that many carers feel?
What support from media and MPs have we got to lose??

Being nice for 40 years has achieved nothing for carers. How many nice protests get any media attention?
How many nice protests show the desperation that many carers feel?
None as yet but that'll come, why would any one lend support to a protest that was going to act unlawfully???

Most of the demonstrations against the war in Iraq were 'nice' and got a lot of media attention

What's the point in risking a negative image for Carers just because 'being nice has achieved nothing'??

We need to be more millitant but not to a point were we are acting unlawfully!
Father4 Justice have done themselves no favours at all by their antics. No one takes them seriously, imo. Carers should definitely not become militant!
I'm not advocating murder here--but if a OAP (me) was to break a rotten egg in Ann McGuires face -that should get publicity Image

Mind you-If I put an egg anywhere near her face it would probably be classed as cruelty to eggs. Image
I'm not advocating murder here--but if a OAP (me) was to break a rotten egg in Ann McGuires face -that should get publicity Image

Mind you-If I put an egg anywhere near her face it would probably be classed as cruelty to eggs. Image
Ken, these types of activity gain lots of publicity. And nothing else. Remember what happened to John Prescott's egg thrower (apart from a left hook)? Nor does anyone else.

What have Fathers4Justice actually achieved? A change in the law? A change in attitude towards fathers in their position? Yes. Most people now want even less to do with them, and the publicity only has the novelty value of "What are they up to now?" Gimmicks and publicity are all very well but they are meaningless.

The protest can only work to raise our voice. The more carers who come on board, the better. But too few carers are active on the web forums - which is why it's important to involve the charities, who have large mailing lists. We need to get the word out. I know TonyD has been doing this because I got the message a few weeks ago Image
Well what can i say have we all forgotten the IRA and the militant actions of this group is that not my point that they have achieved a type of peace and co-existance .

What i have been saying forever is that we cannot go on and on where is it going to end if we just get fobbed of and renegadded to the wings day in day out.

Gordon Brown is on his way out and has only himself to blame and as for the governments attitude to Carers is very condescending.

He thinks we are a bunch of tossers and loosers who do this for fun and enjoyment.

i am sorry if my capitols offended anyone it was and has been done out of shheer shheer frustration and at wits end scenario i think all Carers find themselves in.

kenneth2dundeenow fife.