[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers Premium - Carers UK Forum

Carers Premium

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi all, could anyone explain what this is and how to apply for it. Regards Alan
I think it is part of the Income Support package. If you receive IS and receive Carers' Allowance then you also qualify for a Carers' Premium. Even if you cannot receive Carers' Allowance because of one of the overlapping benefit rules you can still qualify for Carers' Premium. My booklet shows it is worth £27.15 per week.
I think it is part of the Income Support package. If you receive IS and receive Carers' Allowance then you also qualify for a Carers' Premium. Even if you cannot receive Carers' Allowance because of one of the overlapping benefit rules you can still qualify for Carers' Premium. My booklet shows it is worth £27.15 per week.
annbell415 is right - but there is one other point. You may currently not be receiving Income Support - but the Carers Premium might bring you into entitlement - so it's worth checking anyway.

Additionally, the Carers Premium can be applied to Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit - you need a letter from the DWP stating that you are entitled to "the underlying rate of Carers Allowance." I know one carer who got a cut in her rent and Council Tax even though she was not entitled to IS: she was still over £30 a week better off. It's always worth checking.
Hi thanks for the replies. Sorry it's took so long. We moved house and BT took ages to connect us Image