[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
carers in crisis instigate WAR ON THIS GOVERNMENT - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

carers in crisis instigate WAR ON THIS GOVERNMENT

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I don't think any other Government would do any better given the world financial crisis.
Governments quite like crises, their rating tends to go up - Thatcher and the falklands, Bush and 9/11 etc etc...

Seriously, whilst its a great headline, making WAR ON GOVERNMENT isnt really that smart. As we live in a democracy, we would be making war on ourselves. Anyone want to volunteer to be the first to bash themselves over the head with a baseball bat? (Not not you George, sorry, I meant a sensible person!)

It seems to me we get to choose them every four years, and as far as most people are concerned, thats quite enough - let them get on with it and then if they screw up, chuck 'em out next time around. Or you can always stand for election yourself!
Sensible post Excalibur.

Some people whinge about all and everything, but I doubt they would do any better if they were in power when faced with the reality of the situation!

I am a little surprised the MODs have permitted the title of the OP, which is inflamatory and then some! Image
It seems to me we get to choose them every four years, and as far as most people are concerned, thats quite enough - let them get on with it and then if they screw up, chuck 'em out next time around.
Not much of a choice really though is it ...one right wing party or another....bring on Proportional Representation!!!
I am a little surprised the MODs have permitted the title of the OP, which is inflamatory and then some! Image
As mods we try not to stifle debate, Sarniajoy - unless it gets too heated or too personal. Which does happen occasionally, but increasingly rarely I'm happy to say. Kenneth has been through a hell of a lot and he's every right to feel angry about the way he's been treated, and it's only right he should have his say. While his subject title might be a little inflammatory, I think the vast majority of us - including Kenneth - are sensible enough not to get too carried away with it. If nothing else it might give GCHQ something to read!!! Image
I think we all need to let some steam off sometimes, and here with other Carers, who understand our feelings, is the right place to do so. I have sat here in tears several times and I can wind down on the forum, I always feel better for getting my feelings down, and others are supportive, even when they don't agree with me.