[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Today's Outcome RE: Financial Assessment Review - Carers UK Forum

Today's Outcome RE: Financial Assessment Review

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi All, Well I guess it could have been worse Dad has had an increase of just under £2 a week added to his contribution for care. Went through just about everything with the advisor and could see she was actually calculating it correctly. It apparently all boils down to the fact that my Mum worked until she was 66 and gets a pension in her own right this combined with Dads state pension takes them a little bit above the threshold for nil contributions. Asked if this payment would increase if we decided to increase our care calls to 4 a day and she said she didn't think so. However I was a bit miffed when she also asked why we would need more care seeing as I get the carers allowance and should be there to cover the daytime periods. I politely told her I would love to be in a position to do her job as I'm more than qualified to do so but opted to give up my well paid job to save the Government some money as Dad would have had to have gone into residential care otherwise. She said but you still get paid for it, I bit my tongue and said I wouldn't dream of asking your hourly rate but I'm betting it is far greater than mine my dear. She then left and we were left in much the same position only £2 a week worse off - as I said it could have been worse I guess. xxxxxxx
Hi it makes me sick when I hear people saying well you get paid for caring so why need more who do they think we are millonaires Image Image Image coffeex