[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
As carers, sometimes we reach breaking point - Carers UK Forum

As carers, sometimes we reach breaking point

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Rosemary, you're a star-thank you so much for posting this. This mirrors my own opinion very much and is something that the likes of Mr Lamb seem to fail to understand.

What never fails to fascinate me is the sheer number of "experts"..often carers themselves..who become experts when commenting on this type of care but have no personal experience of it whatsoever. They condemn and judge on what is right and wrong because they have no experience of it. And when you put them on the spot, ask them exactly what they would do in that position, they have no answer. It's all bluff and bluster.

The worst part about all that is that I have heard the "abandoning" sentiments uttered from the lips of those who I would expect to have empathy, if not necessarily sympathy. They should be careful because what they say as it may come back one day to bite them on the a*se.

I was more than happy to briefly chuck this one in the direction of Mr Lamb who I felt was jumping on the bandwagon and unfortunately was being given an easy opportunity to do so at the AGM.

I had reached breaking point and my daughter was so poorly her life was in danger. Now I have a quality of life and so does she with the added bonus she has a level of independence being away from her family.

Let anyone tell us we did the wrong thing. Image Image