[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CARERS ASSESSMENT WHAT HELP WAS OFFERED TO YOU? - Carers UK Forum

CARERS ASSESSMENT WHAT HELP WAS OFFERED TO YOU?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I was offered none

What about the rest of you's
just before we moved had an assessment from Newcastle city .
i was advised that i needed the following ( going from memory) 2 weeks respite care every 3 months , 1 weekend off every 4th w/e, 2 days off each week ( to suit me) , take advantage of day care to allow me a few hours each day/week to visit doc`s or library, shops...
I was of course then reminded that i would have to pay for every single thing ... not one bit of help would be free ... not even a few hours care for me to visit hospital .....
A support package for our son that allowed us both to work.
After reading the other thread on Carers Assessments, I was just going to suggest that people might like to list exactly what help they did get following their assessment.

I would find this really interesting. I am sorry to report that we're over 4 years on from last assessment and not one thing has happened.

Nothing would please me more than reporting something positive but there simply isn't one thing.
After reading the other thread on Carers Assessments, I was just going to suggest that people might like to list exactly what help they did get following their assessment.

I would find this really interesting. I am sorry to report that we're over 4 years on from last assessment and not one thing has happened.

Nothing would please me more than reporting something positive but there simply isn't one thing.
Hi Penny.

Yes what a v good point im interested to know the facts also maybe I need to live in another part of the world to get what I deserve/
no help what so ever..
I seem to be the only one with a good news story regarding carers assessments . I feel very lucky that i haven't had a bad experience with my s.w . Last year my mum was in hospital for 4 months . In that time i realised my life had totally revolved round mum and her needs . Within 3 weeks of mum coming out the s.w was out to do another assessment for me , the last one being done a good few years previous . The decision was made that i needed regular respite instead of only when i went on holiday ( not been on holiday for 4 years though ). Mum already had 2 days a week daycare in place , another day pending when a space for wheelchair on bus becomes available . The result of my assessment is now "rolling respite " , as she goes in to a local care home every 7 weeks for a week . Which means i can plan ahead for myself what i want to do . I do feel strongly that every carer should be given the right for help that suits them . As i said at the beginning i am one of the very lucky ones and it seems they are very few and far between .
It is good to see that some people have got something positive from their Carers Assessment.
I had a course of horseriding lessons,that was for six weeks,and I do wish I could go horseriding more.IT didn't really help in the everyday world of caring, just that I had a really good Social Worker, also a Carer, at that time. She had to leave because she couldn't combine both(which says a lot in itself about Social Services, if they cannot find a way to support their own staff. especially one with a very good reputation).
So that's three of us so far. Anyone else?
So that's three of us so far. Anyone else?
Yes it is good to see people r getting help I think the sw we have is too young & does'nt understand I wonder if she has a family. Then she can walk in my shoes what she says does'nt make any sense