[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CSA Press Release: Social Care - Carers UK Forum

CSA Press Release: Social Care

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
CSA Press Release: Response to Public Accounts Committee Report on Adult Social Care (10 July 2014)
On 10 July, the Public Accounts Committee published a report expressing concern over the care reforms.

The Committee said that the Government “does not fully understand” the scale of the problems faced by local councils and care providers in looking after increasing numbers of elderly and disabled people despite funding cuts.

Their report found that the Care Act reforms are “risky, are not supported by new money, and do not acknowledge the scale of the problem” and calls for a more “realistic timetable” for implementation.
read in full here
http://careandsupportalliance.com/2014/ ... july-2014/
let us hope they don't go down the route of raising funds by removing the attendance allowance and D.L.A. or P.I.P. from all over 65 `s and with it the carers allowance ... even the universal benefits could make way to provide the extra cash needed...... at many focus groups this idea has been mentioned and I was at 2 of them ... many elderly disabled and those who care for them don't have a clue as to what may happen in the future ...
at one meeting many thought the £72-000 cap was for all care within care home they were rather shocked when I explained the £72-000 did not include the rent/ food one woman , a carer said that's an extra £1100 per week .....