[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers Allowance/yearly salary - Carers UK Forum

Carers Allowance/yearly salary

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
How much can you earn up to yearly salarywise to claim carers allowance or do you break your wage down weekly/ monthly, i am considering cutting my hours at work working a day less if that is feasable, my daughter will be leaving day services in the future. At the moment i am looking into things and covering my bases, Image which way i will loose out financially as usual Image .......... Many thanks
Not sure Mand, but I think they work it out by whatever you earn each week, not a breakdown over the year.
How much can you earn up to yearly salarywise to claim carers allowance or do you break your wage down weekly/ monthly, i am considering cutting my hours at work working a day less if that is feasable, my daughter will be leaving day services in the future. At the moment i am looking into things and covering my bases, Image which way i will loose out financially as usual Image .......... Many thanks
I think you are only allowed to earn £105 p/w before losing entitlement to CA. so that's £420 p/m overall the grand sum of £5040 p/a.

Look at this example, if you're earning minimum wage of £5.93 you can work 17 hours p/w and this will equate to £105 per week. If you total your yearly earnings from your job (£5040) and total your CA 53.90 x 4 x 12 = 2587.20. Then plus that onto your £5040 from your job that is 7627.20 a year from doing at least 52 hours of work/caring a week. This means if you divide your total earnings by 12 then by 4 you get your weekly pay of 52 hours work. Your total weekly pay for 17 hours work and AT LEAST 35 hours per week caring is £158.90, divide that by the 52 hours of work and caring and you get your hourly payment of £3.05 Image. No doubt in most situations the carer is doing more than 35 hours per week caring so your hourly pay will be a lot less.

What a disgrace!
I think that you will find that it is £100 pw after certain specified deductions, it would probably be best to ring the CUK Information Line who will be able to give you information which you need. You do need to be very careful that you do not accidentally fall foul of the earnings limit even for abrief period because the DWP runs their records against those held by HMRC and is not averse to initiating a fraud investigation if you appear to have exceeded the earnings limit.