[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
carers allowance payment changes weekly to fortnightly - Page 2 -Carers UK Forum

carers allowance payment changes weekly to fortnightly

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
i meant to say DWP not council it also affected my income support hence the mistake in my previous post Image
Cool.
The DWP wants to move everything to monthly, and do it all online, but a lot of claimants are living week to week and have no internet access. I also claim CA simply because I can, but I have no serious financial worries.
I'm assuming that anyone who can access this discussion is probably in the lucky brigade - really poor carers dont have internet access.
I dont have any answers to this by the way. But I know it sucks bigtime. I meet claimaints who are doing fine, and others who are at their wits end and living on borrowed time. The current welfare and tax system is a mish-mash, the poor pay more tax as a percentage of their income than the rich: good luck to anyone who can find an equitable solution to it.
Every Monday I get £55.55 deposited in my account and yet when I applyed for help with my dentist bill I get a letter saying to government thinks I need £67.50/week to live on... So I'm below the poverty line? Thanks Mr Cameron.
Every Monday I get £55.55 deposited in my account and yet when I applyed for help with my dentist bill I get a letter saying to government thinks I need £67.50/week to live on... So I'm below the poverty line? Thanks Mr Cameron.
I suppose if you lived in a tent in the woods, didn't pay rent, spent all your waking time at the library to stay warm and only ate baked beans cooked on an open fire you could probably make a healthy profit on £67.50 a week. But is that what they mean by need?
I don't know Scally! I really don't understand how multimillionaires work out what we mere mortals can survive on but right now £67.50 would do me nicely, I need a pair of shoes. I've got one pair of heels which are impractical for everyday usage and a pair of flats with huge holes in and a pair of dog walking trainers which are on death row and barely holding it together.

As for being in the lucky brigade I've got a computer I brought 5yrs ago and a caree who pays for access with his DLA.
id also love £67.50 too!!! Image

my how £10+ can seem like such alot of money eh?
You what I miss Kristian? Having a job. Having money in my account at the end of the month. Being able to just go out and get the things I need. Yes I'm fixating on shoes but I'd just like a pair that doesn't let the rain in! £10 whatever extra a week would be great.
dont get me wrong, im on CA too, and its tough - i was just dreaming of the increase of £10 or so pounds a week and thinking of how much difference that would make for the good. nothing negative in what i was saying Image
I know Image I'm just in a ranty mood Image

No target intended! Its a scattergun rant Image
You what I miss Kristian? Having a job. Having money in my account at the end of the month. Being able to just go out and get the things I need. Yes I'm fixating on shoes but I'd just like a pair that doesn't let the rain in! £10 whatever extra a week would be great.
i enquired recently about returning back to work and was told im better off being a carer for my dad Image