[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
carers allowance payment changes weekly to fortnightly - Carers UK Forum

carers allowance payment changes weekly to fortnightly

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
recently my payments has been changed from weekly to fortnightly i wonder if anybody thinks it`s a inconvinience
I get mine once a month, i assumed thats how everyone got theres.
I asked for mine to be paid monthly but they decided to pay it weekly any way Image
Mines paid weekly.So,clearly its not set-in-stone.Wonder why?.
Mine's weekly and always has been Image
Mine are weakly payments every month.
Mine are weakly payments every month.
So true Image
i asked my local council to keep mine weekly but they have decided to change it to fortnightly which means changing all my direct debits and standing orders
I have to submit a six-weekly statement of earnings and expenses: as a working carer I get paid fortnightly, and so I claim my CA every six weeks or so, in arrears. I sometimes wonder why I even bother, as I pay income tax on it, but I regard it as a form of intellectual challenge; like playing poker for pennies: sort of a mind-game. One positive thing is that is encourages me to put lots of my earnings into a pension plan to stay below the earnings threshold. The games we have to play, eh?

But seriously, CA is totally and utterly wrong and flawed from top to bottom. Carers need proper support, but this isnt it.
i asked my local council to keep mine weekly but they have decided to change it to fortnightly which means changing all my direct debits and standing orders
Simon, your local Council has nothing to do with Carers Allowance, it is a UK wide benefit.