[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CARERS ALLOWANCE = J.S.A. OR D.L.A. - Carers UK Forum

CARERS ALLOWANCE = J.S.A. OR D.L.A.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I would like to see the carers allowance name kept as it is but dont mind if we are moved onto J.S.A. or D.L.A. (pay rise ) , it would have to be J.S.A. CARERS ENTITLEMENT , with no conditionallity , that is we would be exempt from seeking work, unless we as carers wanted to ,
BUT THE BIG PROBLEM WILL BE MEANS TESTED BENEFITS ......

the plan is or may be that all benfits be means tested, therefore someone like me who has a small occupational pension that at the moment stops me from claiming any benefits except the carers allowance - would be refused carers allowance , we dont even have any figures for how many under 65 `s have a private pension and receive the carers allowance , the problem would be solved if , as i did read somewhere in the past, all carers who are now in receipt of the carers allowance, and may be moved onto a "new" allowance would retain the right to receive the carers allowance ....if you have it now you keep it ......
the problem would be solved if , as i did read somewhere in the past, all carers who are now in receipt of the carers allowance, and may be moved onto a "new" allowance would retain the right to receive the carers allowance ....if you have it now you keep it ......
That would be until the caree is re-assessed and no doubt found to no longer qualify for DLA.
Vicky
very true the old doll is 100% war disabled . and is one of the few who has had medicals every 2 years or so , but now as far as i know she is exempt from further medicals from the M.O.D ... mind you we have been invited to whithall to view the Armistice parade / muster, and we will be within the M.O.D. i`ve told her to look "ill" as we enter .. good job we can laugh about it ...
I would like to see the carers allowance name kept as it is but dont mind if we are moved onto J.S.A. or D.L.A. (pay rise )
George, I'm really wary of this one as I don't think there would be a pay rise at all for many Carers. Image
If there's no longer an Income support then there'd be no disability premiums or Carer premiums either - I think the DWP would make sure they wriggled out of paying anything extra!
I honestly think lot's of Carers could be a whole lot worse off. Image

What do others think?
(((hugs)))
marie x
I agree with you Marie, it has to be a ploy to reduce payments and certainly not increase them, the whole subject of what is in a name is just a smoke screen, we can more easily fit in with the benefit scroungers on JSA as that is how they are seen by the Eton boys.
No one must be seen to be better off on benefits whatever the name.
Vicky
i agree that i moved to any other benefit will be a cut in benefit for us all
the bigger picture is this where do the people who we care for go if they try and attack us the carers or the people we care for thats right back to hospital.
costing the fools billions they already save by us the carers.
we carers are the ones who sacrifice ourselves we deserve a bloody rise not a cut or shunted here or there by this so called goverment attack us and see what the result will be i for one am sick to the back teeth of people atacking the poorest in society maybe the uk people will
at last take a stand and we will get our rightfull entitlement for the thankless task we do.
the working men and woman built this country and they can also break it.
we have 550-000 carers who are "lucky" enough to receive the allowance .. i honestly can not see any government , of whatever shape or form , putting carers onto a benefit alongside others and paying us less then them , J.S.A. is higher then C.A. (i think) so as far as i`m concerned it would be a rise in our benefit , and let us remember we have to "prove" that we are in fact "working " for a minimum of 35 hours per week, this could be used as a tool to get "all " J.S.A. claimants into some kind of workfare system, if carers can do it so can you , i can hear Iain Duncan Smith saying it now , he also from his own reports has constantly said carers should receive a higher allowance , in the past he called for the allowance to be doubled , he could use this as a means of raising the allownce , but we would then be stuck within the new benefit which many of us see as being to low , i for one would not be happy with say a £10 ,£20 , rise , as I.D.S. has often said carers deserve double , but he now has a way out does he not.....
it looks like a rise but is not if you get income support there is then no change in the income