[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CARERS ALLOWANCE HOW DO U ADJUSTIFY THIS QUESTION - Carers UK Forum

CARERS ALLOWANCE HOW DO U ADJUSTIFY THIS QUESTION

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
My husband has just received his CA but in order for him to get £55 it is costing £95 in total from our benefits & his wen we heard this the CA was cancelled how can this b right?????? So the person needing help loses money to pay out the CA this isn't right.
it probably is ..
It is the case which is why I refused to claim carers allowance for looking after my nan.
It is the case which is why I refused to claim carers allowance for looking after my nan.
no1mum,

That is so wrong that it actually costs more money to get CA had he'd of known we would not of bother this claim was quickly closed
it probably is ..
Hi,

Yes it is true but that is awful
So it looks like anyone who cares for someone and claims CA, certain sums of money is deducted from the Caree's benefits, such as, pension credit/AA/state pension?
That's the way it was explained to me, Nan would have been around £80 a week worse off if I'd claimed CA and I'd've lost all the CA because it would have been taken off my tax credits, told em where to stick it!!!!!
So it looks like anyone who cares for someone and claims CA, certain sums of money is deducted from the Caree's benefits, such as, pension credit/AA/state pension?
Hi Tricia,

Yes this seems to be true it would'nt be worth while applying for it
That's the way it was explained to me, Nan would have been around £80 a week worse off if I'd claimed CA and I'd've lost all the CA because it would have been taken off my tax credits, told em where to stick it!!!!!
That is terrible but as least someone told u b4 hand
What about those who are not entitled to tax credit?