[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers' Allowance and Reforms - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Carers' Allowance and Reforms

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Mad Dawney, I have looked at the Government website and I will be on the case in the morning. Thanks.
l am so sorry to hear of your loss Annbell and l hope you get things sorted out soon its a disgrace that they have to add to your stress
my thoughts are with you at this time
take care
Jeanxx
So sorry to hear about your daughter Ann.

Thinking of you
Rosemary
x x x
Dear Annbell,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. Carers UK is campaigning to improve carer benefits. We are also campaigning for better support for people whose caring role comes to an end.

With regards your entitlement to Job Seeker's Allowance, there is information about Job seeker's benefit here.
http://www.carersuk.org/Information/Fin ... sAllowance

It is complicated as there are two types of Job seeker's Allowance. Our informaiton on Carer's Allowance says that you will have built up credits toward Job Seeker's Allowance. See here for more details http://www.carersuk.org/Information/Fin ... owance/FAQ

I strongly advise you seek advice. you can ring our CarersLine on 0808 808 7777 Wed and Thursdays 10-12 and 2-4pm.

Best wishes
Deepest sympathy on the loss of daughter.
It is disgraceful that you should have been put through all this stress at such a time.
Image Image Image
Although the Directgov site clearly states that Carers Allowance Class 1 contributions SAFEGUARDS your right to certain benefits such as State Pension, Contribution based Jobseekers' Allowance and Incapacity Benefit I have been refused Jobseekers. I need Class 1 contributions for 2005 and 2006 which I have and a lot more. I have also supplied the Jobcentre with a copy of Directgov and still been refused. But I have written to Government regarding the unfairness. Caring really is not an option.
Annbell - appeal. In writing, using the Direct.Gov information as evidence.

This should be winnable. If only on the grounds that the Secretary of State responsible for the decision has MISINFORMED you via the website, information for which he is personally responsible.

Should be interesting to see how they react to that one!