[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sunday Express - Carers UK Forum

Sunday Express

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
NHS "STEALS" MILLIONS FROM OUR HERO CARERS

Millions of pounds earmarked to give Britains unsung army of carers vital short-term breaks is being plundered by the NHS to plug big holes in health budgets.
A shocking 80% of a £50 million package has been creamed off by primary health care trusts before it reaches hard-pressed carers who work round the clock to help loved ones stay at home.
Health chiefs have been accussed of "moral outrage" and "stealing" the money which was meant to finance paid home help to give carers respite breaks from their duties

Research by the Princess Royal Trust for carers and Crossroads carers revealed that PCT'S were using the cash to prop up their own budgets

Labours National Carers Strategy earmarked £150million over two years to support Britains 6million hard pressed carers with paid home help,allowing them to have short breaks
money down the drain --- wait till the local authority have the D.L.A. & A.A. cash to spend that will vanish as well .
the respite care breaks- when i asked for some help i was told it was for " working carers " only and they thought i would not qualify for the break.......still waiting.........
when i asked for some help i was told it was for " working carers " only and they thought i would not qualify for the break.......still waiting.........
Did you get that in writing George? I've never experienced carers working/non working status as a criteria to any carers assessment - in fact it might even be illegal.