[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CARER SUICIDE? - Page 6 - Carers UK Forum

CARER SUICIDE?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Thats exactly what happens to me, some stories just churn my insides up and i get angry, sorry. Image

All the best Tony
It happens to us all. Being a carer makes the emotions worse, makes you very angry and leaves you extra sensitive.
It's no wonder this subject has touched us all so much - carers feel collective pain, prick one of us and we all bleed Image

I'm just hoping Gordon Brown's premiership will look more closely at issues like this, he's a family man who's seen it's own tragedy losing his first child and then his youngest having a debilitating disease - maybe, just maybe we might be seeing a wind of change then Deanne's tragic death won't have been in vain Image

John, my heart goes out to you and dear Pat, Mum's never got over losing my half brother at 24 even though it's over 38 years ago, I can barely remember him but apparently we have similar personalities, I just wish I'd got to know him better.

Take care

Paula xx
It's no wonder this subject has touched us all so much - carers feel collective pain, prick one of us and we all bleed Image
Well said Paula Image
It happens to us all. Being a carer makes the emotions worse, makes you very angry and leaves you extra sensitive.
I agree with you too.
At one time the Sufferagettes were only a protest group.
It is all very well 'calling' for change, but if it is only seen by the people who already know we need change then it is not a "Big canon". I asked on the old forum board why CUK has such a low profile but did not get a satisfactory answer. Where were the 'big names' from CUK or PRTC decrying this scandal in the media?
Actions speak louder than words Image
Carers UK has won at least one major award as one of the most effective campaigning organisations in the UK - despite the fact that as a Charity, it has to conform to charity regulations which limit quasi "political " action.
It is very easy to get emotional about this particular suicide, but children and adults commit suicide all the time. It would be very strange , given the stresses of the job, if some of them were not Carers. When it comes to allocating money, the government at national and local level are influenced primarily by statistics. Are Carers adult and junior more prone to suicide than everyone else? If that can be shown, than a reasonable argument can be put.
We had a dangerous road near us and we campaigned for safety measures to be imposed. Nothing was done by the council until a child was knocked down and injured. The sad fact is Joe and Jose average won't vote for a councillor who puts the rates up, or an MP who argues for higher taxes. No matter how worthy the cause.
If you want to change this situation, put up for election, get elected and then you may be able to do something about it. Moaning about the deficiencies of charities etc. is a waste of time.
best wishes normangardner
I've been reading the views expressed by some of the carers & though some maybe seen as controversial,I think they are only expressing themselves out of love devotion for the people they care for.

As for the young Girl I have a Prayer my Gran used to tell me!

There are four corners around my bed every corner Angels spread
God within & God without & bless my soul & round about
& if I die before I wake I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Sleep Tight love Deb x Image