[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carer's Assessment - Carers UK Forum

Carer's Assessment

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
So I had a carer's assessment the other week and received a letter telling me I'm entitled to a one-off payment of £200 to help me in my caring role.
Surprised isn't the word for it.
It'll come in useful as an emergency fund if something goes tits up with Dad, but at the same time I can't help but feel like an undeserving fraud as although I look after Dad, I still work full time too. Yet they didn't even ask me any question about money, so I guess it's not means tested.
Rub your hands and spend it wisely. Many unable to get anything.
Well done you and your local authority. I also had a successful carers assessment and although they know I claim CA plus work part time there was no means testing.
They may not have asked for it but it would be good idea to keep some receipts that you can show them at the review next year for anything like days out, cinema, meals, pampering, hobbies, breaks, travel expenses- things you have spent on YOU and not your caree (perhaps keep some of those as well just to cover every eventuality).
I had to fill in a feedback form on the benefits I felt from my carer break and hand in my receipt.
That's a very good idea, Henrietta, thanks.
This is all quite new to me at the moment, so I'm open to all ideas!
I'm not going to tell Dad about it, though - he'd want me to spend it all on chips... :mrgreen: