[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
How do you want social care law to change? - Carers UK Forum

How do you want social care law to change?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Ordinarily I would put this link in the News section but will be more visible here for now.

Calling all carers: How do you want social care law to change?

The committee, which is currently taking oral evidence from sector leaders on the bill, wants to also gather some more written evidence from carers and has set up a web forum for this purpose. Specifically it wants views on the bill's provisions on:

•Adult safeguarding, which would give local authorities a new duty to investigate alleged abuse and neglect and make adult safeguarding boards mandatory across the country;
•Assessing the needs of both carers and people in need of care;
•Local authorities' role and responsibilities, which would be broadened by the legislation.

FULL DETAILS HERE
http://www.communitycare.co.uk/blogs/ad ... hange.html
Hi Rosemary is this something that applies only to England and Wales or is is something that is UK wide?

Eun
First
My local authority hasn't a clue how to investigate adult protection issues. I've recently received the details of the papers Adult Services have on me, mainly in connection with my persistent complaints about the management of my son's accounts. They never even brought all the relevant paperwork together. There needs to be far more protection for vulnerable adults in my view - I have studied accountancy in connection with a degree, and run accounts for a hospital. I also think that there should be far better representation for carers when they are in dispute with either the LA - just look at all the comments on the forum!
Hi Rosemary is this something that applies only to England and Wales or is is something that is UK wide?

Eun
Taken from the Bill itself Eun
2.8 The provisions in the draft Bill largely apply to England only (and therefore extend to
England and Wales). Some provisions relating to health research and the abolition
of the HFEA and HTA extend to England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland