[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carer Allowance or Direct Payments - Carers UK Forum

Carer Allowance or Direct Payments

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Ok my caree has just be given funding for 20 hours of daytime care and 20 hours nights day time cost £7,50 p/h and night at £10.00 p/h that to cover the weekends while I have a rest. What I would like to know were the money comes from to pay these people that £350 for 2 days carer I do five days 16 hours a day as her main carer for what £50.55 a week I am that stupid Image

Oh yes I could have did the direct payments but that would never work as we have a good relationships as her carer Just make me mad that all Image

adam
The problem i have is the old doll would not want strangers looking after her if we had extra cash we could pay family member to look after her however as iam happy at the moment to care 24/7 why cant i get part of the cash that we save the local authority in your case £350 per week give the full time carer if they are willing to do the work an increase in the carers allowance even if it was doubled the local authority would still be £300 better off in your case and lets not forget what government ministers have said the elderly disabled- their views must be respected , in my mind that is the right to chose who cares for you and where they are cared for ie within their own home .