[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Caree paying Carer? - Carers UK Forum

Caree paying Carer?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I read on a forum recently about someone who was caring for her mother: "We have direct payment and employ our daughter as our PA" Is this possible, would this mean the caree pays his/her carer privately?
Thanks
Tricia
Usually if the family member is not living in the same household as the person needing care, they can be employed.Under special circumstances it has been known for local authorities to allow family members in same household to be employed, but as far as I know this is very rare.
We have direct payment and employ our daughter as our PA
We do this and it works well for us! Image
Our daughter is not resident with us, although in Scotland it wouldn't matter if she were - you need to prove exceptional circumstances to employ a family member resident or not! Image
That said, it can still be done and if you're in England/Wales it's a bit easier! Image
PM me if you need anything further!
marie x
Thanks Marie, I have sent you a pm Image