[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Disabled children in normal beds - Carers UK Forum

Disabled children in normal beds

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi peeps, havn't been around in a long time but was wondering if anyone else has heard the same.
Our O.T. told us yesterday that there is some new " have to " in which social services and the government want all kids in normal beds. Our son sleeps in a safe space 3x3 bed, there is no other safe environment for him other than this, he self harms in an extreme way for instance if you sit him on the floor he will drive his head full force into it repeatedly until he knocks himself out, he will do the same on walls or anything hard so as you can imagine this is very disturbing and a necessity to keep him safe.

Has anyone else heard or been told anything like this? i find it out of this world, and if it's true and they start pigging around and my son gets hurt i'll be after some top heads on a plate.
I don't think it's right, Redfang - purely on health and safety grounds it would be unacceptable.
I would ask the OT to give you the name, reference number, date, etc. of any government guidance to that effect, it sounds extremely unlikely to me.
thats crap-- sorry about the language

I asked out OT about beds when she came to asses amy-- she said a child needs to be safe, comfortable and at the right temperature and after looking at amys bed said although she chould do with an adjustable height bed hers would do her fine as she has a stool to stand on to get in.

They also need to have a bed, not a materress on the floor or anything like that.

Your son needs to be safe- so tell them go boil their head its your baby- and parents normally know wots right for their kiddies