[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I THOUGHT I WAS A PERFECT CARER HOW WRONG I WAS - Carers UK Forum

I THOUGHT I WAS A PERFECT CARER HOW WRONG I WAS

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Yesterday took the old doll to doctors and hospital she used her scooter its a big help we then had lunch at Job BULLMAN Gosforth very nice we then went to chemist every thing was ok got her home and changed for the evening i had a couple of hours rest old doll watched soaps on sky + just before i had shower made her lovely meal however when i went in to living room after my shower the old doll said "George have you seen whats on the telly" "no what is it " i said "DUST" was her reply she then said "get the duster and get it cleaned you lazy git or iam reporting you to Mr GORDON BROWN" i feel so ashamed Image do other carers have such a hard time with their carees Image

GEORGE ive got to improve my standard of care or i can kiss goodbye to any increase in my allowance

Image Image Image Image
George, don't move the dust - it stops the telly from getting scratched (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it Image )

I'm always getting reminded that I might be the carer but she's still my Mum and Mum is always right!

Paula xx
What's Dust????? Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Quentin Smith (The Naked Civil Servant among other things) hated housework and refused to dust.He claimed that after the first four years it didn't get any worse anyway!! Image Image
george Image Image Image
I have the opposite problem - I like to clean - there is no dust in my house! Image Image Image Image Image
I have the opposite problem - I like to clean - there is no dust in my house! Image Image Image Image Image
Do you hire yourself out?? Image
my son says l must OCD he says l staighten the cushions when they go to the loo but l do admit l am always cleaning maybe if they gave me more home support or got lisa more hours at her centre l could go out and forget about cleaning my Dad used to say it was a good job he wasnt blind as l was always moving the furniture l will worry more when l cant be annoyed doing it then lknow will there is something wrong
take care all
Jeanxx
lol... i prob spend too much time cleaning let alone hiring myself out - me and my sister worked it out the other day and I clean for about 4 ten mins hours a day on average, but I spend about 6 hours a day at weekends (as I spend half hour every couple of hours in the childrens rooms cleaning and tidying up - if we are in) and thats a total of 32.83 hours a week - where do you get that time i hear you ask... well here you go.. (more than a day)

dust and hoover 60 mins am, clean bathroom and toilet half an 30 mins am, clean kitchen 30 mins am, sweep floor ten mins, dust and hoover 40 mins pm,clean kitchen 30 mins pm,clean toilet and bathroom 30 mins am, sweep and mop floor pm 20 mins...

i bet ur askin why it takes me all that time??? well cos I dust all skirting boards,window sills,tops of door frames and doors, and I move everything when i hoover - just dont like dust anywhere.... lol... JUST imagine the amount of money I would make doing that cleaning... and I do half an hour ironing every morning and half an hour every evening..... hmmmm....
1'707.33 hours a year cleaning and 365 hours a year ironing (365 hours a year bathing children/365 hours a year cooking).... wow - works out a lot of time - I just didnt realise (sarcastic smirk) hehe!

Image Image Image Image Image