[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Care in the UK - Radio4 - HAVE YOUR SAY - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Care in the UK - Radio4 - HAVE YOUR SAY

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Sleepwalking into a crabbit old age

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen ... 168331.ece

Sometimes a poem says it best. Yesterday on Woman's Hour, the exquisite voice of the actress Virginia McKenna was heard, reciting a poem, in the voice of a “crabbit old womanâ€Â
You and Yours (57 min)
Tuesday 15 Jan, 12:00 - 12:57

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/progs/listenagain.shtml#w

Scroll down till you get to this.........

Consumer news and issues.
Listen to latest show
Wed | Thu | Fri | Mon | Tue

Click on latest show
Dementia is still seen as an elderly illness. It's not anymore. My husband was 49. Everything was put on me as Social Services didnt no what to do. He was too young. Age was discriminated needs and illness didn't come into it. Too much was also put on to how much money do you have. As we both are of working age it hit us both. We also didn't qualify to get help with household repairs or get heating allowance. As a carer Social Services always said to me _ when i kept saying i needed to work- Its ok you will get benefits. I never wanted to go on the terrible benefit system. Now he is in an Nursing home to this day Social Services still haven't told me how much has to be paid. Yet their guidelines state we will always tell you how much you will pay towards your care before you go into a Home. Why do they get away with this?
Job Seeker allowance is only £59 a week those with household bills are put in a bad way. As i have ended up with medical problems i can't work now at the moment and i don't no how long for. I cant even get JS. The job center even sent my husband a letter to go for an interview as they were going to get him a job! Not bad for someone who was going into the final stages. People who are sitting at desks and have no experiance with conditions are making life bad for us. They don't no what its like out there for us. Things only change when it happens to them.