[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Care charges - means testing/co funding- your thoughts - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Care charges - means testing/co funding- your thoughts

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Surely its the disabled persons income that is taken into account, not the carers?
Well yes, that is my understanding. After all, if it wasnt, unless we were brazillionaires we would all be on strike, wouldn't we? The real problem arises with the conflict of interest carers who have slaved away for decades on their uppers in the long term expectation of getting a big bonus when the familial home is sold or the estate wound up. I can see they might be a bit miffed if all the estate is soaked up in care costs and they are left holding a three of clubs - OK to freeze the pack temporarily but a serious liability if you are left holding it at the end of play. And lets face it, in monetary terms the whole welfare state is based on this kind of canasta logic. All the more reason to wipe it out and start again with a fresh pack.
when ever i asked for respite care , i asked the social services if awarded respite care could we chose the care home of our choice , as we would only use one certain home , when they checked us out financially the old doll & STAN , as they had war related pensions were asked to pay for their care , only when STAN was diagnosed with alzheimers did he get free respite care , but at local authority care home .. as i say apart from the respite care due to the alzheimers problem , whenever i asked for respite care, social services said as the care break was for me and not my caree, my own income was checked , and as i have a private pension no cash help at all...

child benefit will itself be means tested soon , so if you are poor and earn just £34 -000 per year dont worry your child benfit will be safe ..

aint it strange you can be poor when you earn £34 -000 per year , yet you are rich if you have a pension of £130 per week, therefore. no extra benefit help
We have in the past been asked for proof of all household income,and that was several times for Ben's needs.I queried it once, had no satisfactory answer but have never been asked for household income again.
id like to really see choices.real choices in care options.