[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
suggestions for " me time" - Carers UK Forum

suggestions for " me time"

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
your replies have so far been very helpful.can you tell me is it wrong to want a day to yourself once in a while? what do others do if you get a bit of me time to try and recharge your batteries. i hope i don't sound too sorry for myself but i would really appreciate your input.
Hello Lynne

have a look here :

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=15679

for tips from other members
I've just come back from a couple of days in Devon. It usually takes me a couple of days to wind down, I just meandered round the area, did some retail therapy but only bought a coffee and cake, then visited a National Trust property, enjoyed a fashion display (sewing is my favourite hobby so this was a treat) and enjoyed my freedom. I get much more benefit from these short breaks than I do a week away. If I stay home I end up doing jobs, however hard I try not to. If I can't get away and I'm feeling stressed, I treat myself to a massage from a home beautician, then I can doze off afterwards on my own bed!
thank you bowlingbun that sounds like a great idea
Hi Lynn, it certainly isnt wrong to want a day off every now and then.
If I get some time off I like working in the garden. I can take out all my frustrations in pulling up weeds and digging and when things are in bloom it gives me such pleasure. If its an indoor day, or in winter, I can loose myself in a good book. I also book myself a neck/head massage once a month - very indulgent, but sooooo relaxing Image
thanks crocus i have been outside myself today and it was good. just have to stop listening for the phone. i've also just been on the roll call and members site found some help there, don't feel its " just me" any more. going to see Eddie Izzard in liverpool tomorrow so that should be good.
going to see Eddie Izzard in liverpool tomorrow so that should be good.
Have a lovely time
xx
Make yourself a list of things you'd like to do or places you'd like to take yourself off to and assign yourself a day in the week, on which to go and do it. I have a 'cultural' Sunday, when I visit the interiors of local stately homes (for instance), because hubby and I could never go inside these with the wheelchair. So now I am, because I can.

I'm off to one today (Monday, yes!), but that's because I went off for the walk yesterday. It all counts and gives you a complete escape from things.
it is not wrong hun