[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Care Agency shall remain nameless.... for now - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Care Agency shall remain nameless.... for now

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Jenny, I know that most managers of care agencies around here are former carers, haven't got a clue about how to run a business. Same goes for social workers. Just mention that targets should be measueable and achievable and it frightens them! Yet they ARE running businesses. If only they had some really basic lessons, it would be so much quicker and easier for all involved. If their forms were fit for purpose checking would be a matter of seconds. To use a simple example, my son is overweight, it's been afreed that he should be supported to lose 1lb a week. That means they should at least weigh him weekly,same day, same time, same scales. They should have a chart he understands. They should record what he eats every day, and what active things he does. If they did this, they could identify who buys the chips at lunch time, cooks roast potatoes in the evening, who buys the muffins, who takes him to the local coffee lounge, etc etc. On an average week they do ALL these things, but don't realise due to poor record keeping!
None of this is difficult or in any way "academic" to record. I'd far rather say thanks for a job well done than moan constantly.
Me too! I do, as often as I can. Thanked the day staff today for dressing my hubby in the decent clothes I provide. He doesn't really know, but I do and it makes a difference. But then, common sense fades, as once again he had a yoghurt, and a dessert spoon He cannot hold a yoghurt pot as we can. He needs it in dish. Just don't understand why they can't see that themselves. He also needs a plate guard now. So I have to keep reminding them. I don't need them to understand algebra, or have A levels etc. Common sense is the key word.