[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
can you help with some answers please. - Carers UK Forum

can you help with some answers please.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
my grandmother was determined to come home from hospital basically to pass away in her own home. all the family are at present exhausted. her gp has decided that she needs a carer to live in. we are all in agreement with that.
what i want to know is, she has savings which i'm sure will go towards her care etc. family seem to think that if she has private care in her own home they will not have to sell the house. social services will pay for care after the money has gone.
is this true.
has anyone been in the same situation, i'm sure myself that they will sell the house, i'm ok with that she derves the best care and if need be, letting the house go to pay for it.
have you any advice you can give us its bad enough living with the impending death without all this worry
thanks for your time, i know for any carer that is precious.
bonnie, because your gran's in her own home they cannot charge her by selling the house. They can only do that when she is in residential care.

By far the biggest worry is that social services will say she needs too much care to be at home and she needs residential care. They can of course sell the house then. Cheaper for them. So her doctor needs to put a letter together to support the idea of her being at home - how it will be better for her health and welfare - but that she will need a full care package due to her current needs. Something of that nature, anyway.
Image hI bonniemeonie/ please do not give in to the stupid socials servcies they are incensitive and dont give a dam so put your foot down and demand a straightforward assesement of needs and please you also nned to make the gp aware of yours nannas rights to pass away in her home.

They just want the easy way our to put her into residential care and sell the house for the lovelly money available so that dont have to spend their prescious budget.

most likely give the care money to drug addicts that the people that really need the care.

kenneth2dundee
replied pm to both of you above