[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CAN WE TRUST THE LIBERALS WITH BENEFITS ?? - Carers UK Forum

CAN WE TRUST THE LIBERALS WITH BENEFITS ??

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
NICK CLEGG he who thought the O.A.P. was about £50 per week has said he will make "savage cuts " one benefit he has said the Liberals will target is the universal child care benefit paid to all regardless of income
well then what about the O.A.P. that is also a universal "benefit" paid to all regardles of income .
and the attendance allowance that is also a universal benefit paid to all regardless of income.
the carers allowance well thats a bit of an odd one as O.A.P`S cant get the allowance but people like me who have a private occupational pension and are under 65 can students cant or those who work for more than £95 per week or if you are under 16 ( i think )
D.L.A. that may well be withdrawn from the rich disabled

no way can we trust the liberals now
Don't worry what Nick Glegg as to say I remember when Eric Lubbock won in a by election in 1962 in Orpington Kent.

It was said then that the rebirth of the Liberals started here and that with that sort of swing to them they would be in power in the next 10 years.

That was 47 years ago.

Get what I mean.

John
as a liberal democrat i dont recognise your perception of the party position and the party is ofcourse more than one person.nick clegg is a terrific leader,i think.often perceptive.he has been very dynamic.i would,ofcourse,feel that the policies we have are ones that may well be really good for the country.the present government fail me,as a carer.deliver zero.the tories may well offer more.ian duncan smith came-up with usefull ideas on welfare reform the other day.i think radical reform must happen.the liberal democrats are offering credible proposals.i prefere a bit of truth than the rhretoric and spin we get now.Image
I don't think the messages from the three main parties are so different where carers are concerned.
Am I the only one who thinks Nick Clegg and David Cameron are both Tony Blair clones?
They both seem to be doing the taking the ties off bit and trying to project the young family man who is a little bit "cool" image.
Wandering off topic I know but it was an Obama trick too, I think his young, "cool" image seperated him much more from that old guy than being black.
Anyways I don't trust any of them.
Vicky
Am I the only one who thinks Nick Clegg and David Cameron are both Tony Blair clones?
They both seem to be doing the taking the ties off bit and trying to project the young family man who is a little bit "cool" image.
Wandering off topic I know but it was an Obama trick too, I think his young, "cool" image seperated him much more from that old guy than being black.
Anyways I don't trust any of them.
Vicky
Blair had substance and was able to deliver some of the things he promised, Clegg & David 'Dave' Cameron dont have much substance to support their policies

I think Obama is only going to serve one term, his attitude does not help him whatsover. referring the certain people as 'stupid' and 'jackass' is not something a politician should do. I bet he backtracks over their healthcare reform as well.
I agree with all you say only an observation on their image, how they want to portray themselves.
I still remember Thatcher and her shopping basket Image
I agree with all you say only an observation on their image, how they want to portray themselves.
I still remember Thatcher and her shopping basket Image
I'm a bit too young to remember Thatcher and her shopping basket Image

A good leader needs to be respectable, I dont agree with all this "cool" imagery frankly I find it quite patronising. i dont think a PM should be feared because then we get disillusioned from them. I think there's a fine line between being a strong leader and a down to earth person. Blair did it very well, which is probably why Labour are still in power!
The only way we can sort this mess out is if we have no party in overall power so we may need the celebrity independents to help us out .

one of our mates is standing at the by-election in PRESTON he is against private profit like the railways and if all goes to plan BRO Stan may stand against Milliband the clever one down in JARRA
Hi

Nick Clegg can make statements about his policy's knowing that he will not be in power after the next election.

People like Brown and Cameron know what ever they say people are going to crucefie them if they cant keep there promises.

As Mr Brown now knows.

I am not saying what Nick Clegg is proposing is wrong but he knows he will not be putting these proposals into practice so it's also easy for him to make promises.

Your choice will be Brown or Cameron you can say what ever you want but that's a fact.

Who will win ?.

Do you want to ask the Audience or 50-50 or Phone a friend. ?

John