[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Can anyone help!! - Carers UK Forum

Can anyone help!!

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I have 3 children with disabilities I also have disabilities due to this I don't go out much so my
only real contact with the outside world is by computer. A pc would help my children with writing (due to disabilities) and homework.
I borrow a friends pc every now and again and would dearly like one for our family.
Is there anywhere we can get help in getting one my husband and I are fultime carer's so neither can work so we don't have much money. I do feel a cheek in asking for this type of help but would be so greatful for any advise where we can go.
Thankyou
It's worth checking to see if there is a local recycling facility that recycles computers - we have one in Leicester and they're well worth a look. They may not be as fast, etc., but my son had one a few years ago and it gave sterling service.
Some times schools get new ones and they give the old ones away it is worth asking Molly
Thankyou so much for help I will check
Thankyou Image
My friend got one from a charity shop....Usually they don`t do electricals but she had asked about it and when someone came to donate it the lady put them in touch with one another.

We have a local on line forum where folk put things for sale, wanted and free to a good home. Our local radio programme does similar and of course there are always car boot sales.

Good luck, sorry you are so far away, but the recycling might be a good start for you.

Take care
Meg
Hi Bean l dont know your circumstances but my friend got one for her daughter who is also disabled from one plus and depending on your childrens ages you could aply to rowantree family fund you can apply to them as long as they are under sixteen lf you e-mail me l can look out address or you can aply online
hope this helps
good luck
Jeanxx
I have 3 children with disabilities I also have disabilities due to this I don't go out much so my
only real contact with the outside world is by computer. A pc would help my children with writing (due to disabilities) and homework.
I borrow a friends pc every now and again and would dearly like one for our family.
Is there anywhere we can get help in getting one my husband and I are fultime carer's so neither can work so we don't have much money. I do feel a cheek in asking for this type of help but would be so greatful for any advise where we can go.
Thankyou
Hi,I've only just joined the forum, but noticed your plea for help, with regards to a computer for your children. I managed to get mine for my son who is Autistic, from the Family Fund Trust.
I was put in touch with them through my Health Visitor.
You can apply every year within a limited budget and for whatever is needed the most, This year we were lucky enough to have a new washing machine with 5 year cover and a card to get bedding from Argos.
You will have to fill out an application form (what's new)!. You can apply online if you currently have access to the internet.
familyfundtrust.org.uk
Good luck. Email me if you want further info. x Image
Hi tomsmum.
I've been working in the system as well as a carer for more years than I care to think about - but I've never come across anyone who got a computer through the Family Fund Trust.

I just learnt something new! Image Image

I would guess, though, that it's important to stress the communication and learning angle for your child/children.
Dear Bean: Next time you do have the use of a computer if you type Free computers for people on low incomes there comes up loads of organisations that might be able to help you, sorry i cannot be of more use, please take care.

Best wishes Tony. Image
Thankyou for all your help i contacted the family fund and they are providing a computer for the children, I am so please so thankyou everyone
Take care