[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Can a care agency refuse to use equipment implemented by OT - Page 5 -Carers UK Forum

Can a care agency refuse to use equipment implemented by OT

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
It is possible but there's a tendency for the carers to then go by the book, there is talk of the care manager doing an unannounced spot check. We have discussed that when the worse carer is back from leave I will always be here so that the care manager can walk in without knocking and alerting the carer to anyone else being there until she's upstairs and entering the bathroom. Hopefully by then the OT will be back from leave too and things will hopefully move forward quicker.
Sall the Bibliophile wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:01 pm
It is possible but there's a tendency for the carers to then go by the book, there is talk of the care manager doing an unannounced spot check. We have discussed that when the worse carer is back from leave I will always be here so that the care manager can walk in without knocking and alerting the carer to anyone else being there until she's upstairs and entering the bathroom. Hopefully by then the OT will be back from leave too and things will hopefully move forward quicker.
Good luck!
Thank you, about to email as STILL waiting on the OT! OH dear it all seems such hassle.
Sall the Bibliophile wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:06 am
Thank you, about to email as STILL waiting on the OT! OH dear it all seems such hassle.
Any luck?
WE have a meeting this afternoon wiht the care agency for annual review and to see how things are going. I suspect Nan will be rude...fair enough me being polite isn't working. We still don't have carers on all the days social services say we can have them, the friday carer still rushes but otherwise things are not too bad.

The toilet rails is back on track, someone is coming about that tomorrow...I copied in the social care assesor to an email stating if they weren't installed within ten working days an overnight carer would have to be provided at their expense as I was not doing day and night with no sleep. Within 24hours we had a date so now we just have to wait and see what happens.

No shower chair but providing they give time for Nan to be stood firmly and holding the rails it's not a problem.

THank you for asking, it feels wonderful to know someone appears interested in my rambling moaning.
Did you get the rails sorted?
Hi,

Yes rails have finally in the last week been installed, they are great and makes life a lot easier. I'm really pleased about it, it took a lot of back and forths but we got there in the end.