[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CAMERON+CLEGG - Carers UK Forum

CAMERON+CLEGG

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
They have been in power for 12 hours and not a single thing has changed for us poor carers , i have tried to claim my one weeks holiday but it looks as though the Liberals have surended that manifesto pledge for 4 seats within the cabinet , well i never ...
12 hours? You're a hard task-master, George. You could at least give 'em a chance to work things out over this weekend!

Image Image Image
people voted for mps and told them its ok to be corrupt we dont care fill your boots
my parents generation would have been rioting in the streets this generation have no morals
or right from wrong very sad really.
thanks gordon brown for leaving us all with 800 billion in debt
oh not to mention the 8 billion given to prop up greece 2 days ago.
greedy corrupt mps have been given the green light to carry on
carers wont be getting anything soon with that deficit.
my vote hit the bin as it passed through the door
tories 31% of the uk vote is that really democracy
everybody who voted should be ashamed of themselves for endorsing the criminals that are our mps who still continue to help themselves they should all be prosecuted.
its a sad day for the uk people who have lost all sense of worth.
everybody who voted should be ashamed of themselves for endorsing the criminals that are our mps who still continue to help themselves they should all be prosecuted.
its a sad day for the uk people who have lost all sense of worth.
So what do you suggest as an alternative to elections, ash?
hi Parsifal
well what we need i mean the public in general
is more say in what happens not small stuff but big issues like do we join the euro do we go to war do we renew trident do we sack corrupt mps etc
we need a public vote on these issues.
not one vote in four years i mean look what the tories are already doing changing the law so they can stay in power for 5 years 1 day in power and thats what you get
william hauge on the news channel this morning.
i was a school leaver in 1979 as thatcher came into power i and many others will never forgive or forget the tories im a scot and we have 49 labour mps and 1 tory mp is that a mandate
to rule scotland we have four separate countrys here lets not kid ourselves the uk is one country
when thatcher was in power all mps in scotland where labour 50 mps
we are 808 billion pound in debt i see even worse times ahead than thatcher its bloody scary
nick clegg wont get his pr because labour and the tories will vote it down.
thats the way i see it it doesnt look good folks .
there is going to be one hell of a cutting demolition to come in jobs services higher taxes pay freeze greece aint the only one who will have anarchy in the streets.
As far as i know it's always been a 5 year term.

They can go at any time but i thought 5 years was the max.

correct me if I'm wrong.
John
You are talking, ash, about a model very similar the the Swiss model where major policy issues are put to a referendum but would such a model work here where, with the exception of this last general election, the number of voters turning out to vote in general and local elections has been in decline?

Democracy, it seems to me, works better in theory than in practice and there will always be people who feel that their vote does not count, for example, in all the elections in which I have voted only once have I voted for a candidate and party which has been elected to govern, I still vote though because, flawed though the system is, it is better than living in a country where the majority or all of the population is disenfranchised and I believe that voting is a responsibility which should be taken seriously. Having referenda on major policies will leave as many disappointed as the current system does because however the electoral system functions there will always be those who vote against the majority opinion.
The fixed term for parliament is to stop any one party calling an election when all is going well , you know just before the trouble`s ......
The weirdest thing about this whole charade is the way the Lib Dems have simply sold out! They KNOW that a large percentage of their vote is tactical voting to keep the tories out - in seats where labour can't win a lot of labour supporters vote Lib Dem to prevent the tory candidate winning - so those votes have simply been ignored!
Hopefully we'll be back at the polls within a year.
The weirdest thing about this whole charade is the way the Lib Dems have simply sold out! They KNOW that a large percentage of their vote is tactical voting to keep the tories out - in seats where labour can't win a lot of labour supporters vote Lib Dem to prevent the tory candidate winning - so those votes have simply been ignored!
Hopefully we'll be back at the polls within a year.
Short of asking every voter who they voted for and why they voted for that particular candidate and/or party I do not think that the Lib Dems, or anyone else for that matter, "KNOWS" the reason why individual voters voted as they did so I think that it is difficult to sustain the argument that the Lib Dems sold out, in fact they now have an opportunity to influence policy which they did not have in opposition. I think that the next months will be very interesting, other countries have had power-sharing governments, the devolved Scottish Parliament is one example, and managed to govern effectively.