[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
incapacity benefits & job seekers allowance -Carers UK Forum

incapacity benefits & job seekers allowance

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Just a few months ago the government announced that those on certain benefits would have to take new health tests and prove they are ill and if they refuse help to get them fit for work they will lose benefits also job seekers will have to take educational tests and if they refuse help with training they will lose benefits government said this would take about 1 million people out of the benefits system .

today the T.U.C, C.B.I, I.O.D. & many N.G.O`S have said they expect inflation to rise and unemployment to increase by 1 million so what about those on incapacity benefit and those who have been unemployed for many years what chance have they got trying to get back into full time employment ?

i know many disabled and long term unemployed want to get back into work but it will be more dificult than ever.

GEORGE
You're absolutely right George. People with a history of illness are less likely to find work than people with a good work record. My concern is how will the system cope with an extra million dumped into unemployment? It almost collapsed last time when we hit the 3+ million mark - and we had North Sea oil to pay the bills.