[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
boundary dispute - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

boundary dispute

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi Joy, I'm pleased to read that you're going ahead on this! Just to say that I do know how it feels to be intimidated by neighbours! Even if one knows they are in the right, it can sometimes seem as if they aren't - as somebody said on this topic, the neighbours will always find something to moan about - so, Joy, stand your ground and even if you have to act - it may become a battle of wills, so don't let them see that you are stressed by this!
Good Luck, and hopefully this will be the last of it where your neighbours are concerned! Image
Where we used to live people next door to us had a conservatory built we had no objection.

When i put up some trellis's about 6 inches from the wall of the conservatory he complained that if i didnt take it down he would as he said they had built there conservatry 10 inches inside his land i said i don't think you have.
He threaten me with solicitors and said get it taken down.

I got up a ladder found the dead centre of our semi detached property clipped a plumb line to the guttering which be both agreed that was centre of our properties.

And guess what the plumb weight landed 3 inches or so on the roof which then made it built on part of my land after a loud gasp from him i heard no more i wasn't childish enough to pursue the matter needless to say i never ever had anymore trouble from my neighbour.

John
Well done John. That's similar to the scenario I described and sometimes you just have to stick to your guns and either show them in black and white, or as you did.

Years ago we put a new hedge in between us and our neighbours. Obviously you don't plant ON the boundary but a good way inside because the hedge thickens out. On the boundary line I put up a small wire fence (just a couple of feet high held up by canes. This was to keep our 2 little dogs from getting into neighbours garden.

The hedge was coming along nicely and one day I lost one of the dogs. The little wire fence had gone and he'd gone through. Image I asked the neighbours where it was and they said they'd taken it down because they didn't like it (although it was almost invisible as the hedge had grown around it.) I said I'd like it put back and they said it was on their land. I had to do the same as John and put a line down from our other brick wall and show them where the boundary was and that the conifers were planted well inside that. Then they said they didn't want their small grand-daughter to get a cane in her eye. So i said why would she want to get in the hedge and anyway the laburnum tree they had and the pond were much more dangerous.
Some people are total idiots, well done John for sticking your ground. I really dont understand this kind of mentality. My neighbours fence does a sort of dog leg into my own ground, taking a foot or so out, but it was like that when we bought the place and it really makes not a bit of difference, so why bother fretting? Jeez, I would rather live as a gipsy than worry about a few inches of useless land.
Some people are total idiots, well done John for sticking your ground. I really dont understand this kind of mentality. My neighbours fence does a sort of dog leg into my own ground, taking a foot or so out, but it was like that when we bought the place and it really makes not a bit of difference, so why bother fretting? Jeez, I would rather live as a gipsy than worry about a few inches of useless land.
It's classic middle-class, middle-english GGGGGIIIIIRRRRR OFFFFF MAAAAAAWW LAAAAAAAHHNNND mentality. These are the kind of people who make a fuss if the bins are put out a day early or your car is parked too near to the kerb Image

Stick to your guns Joy and fair play to John!!!