[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bought things from feeling low - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

Bought things from feeling low

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
jesus bigrob,, the mobiltity this is supposed to help! Wot r they playing at?

We r ebay fans,, but ive found that amazon can be even cheaper for the kids games and amys obsession with DVDs
Motability have been affected by the downturn in the car market. Second hand cars are selling poorly (new cars too) and the down payment covers what is expected to be the difference between the cost of the new car, and the total of the mobility component paid and resale value of the car at auction following its return.

The resale value drops, the down payment increases. It's happened with the vast majority of the cars available on Motability at the moment.
Yet another aspect of the credit crunch that affects carers and their carees Image Image
How is DLA supposed to cover all this?
they need to sort something out,, alot of people depend on getting a mobility car, once again carers r failed again

ive just been told by amy she is saving her pocket money, she wants to get more dvds Image

shame woolies has gone she could have got a few in there,

amy hates spending money on pointless things, she saved up for a camera last year

the other girls spend as soon as they get any money
Hubby's PA's are on £100 a day and have branded toothpaste, Garnier face creams, expensive cosmetics all over the bathroom and branded sundries in the fridge. And a dressing table top covered with make-up to put on when it's their day to leave, at the end of their shift. Handcreams, slimming creams, face creams, lip creams you name it, they've all got it.
I am on £50.55 a week (yippee) and buy supermarkets' own toothpaste, shampoo, soap, shower gel, supermarkets' own sundries in the fridge and food cupboard. My make-up consists of a tube of mascara and a 3 year old eye-shadow box, both of which my daughter bought for me cheaply, as she's on a tight budget too. And I get excited when I find bargain clothes in the charity shops. Sad?
Says it all doesn't it?
Says it all doesn't it?
It sure does!!!!
Pixie, With their pocket money when they were younger, I always used to say to my children (now 23 and 19) to 'spend some and save some'. They still do that to this day when they have a bit of 'disposable income' left over from their wages/Uni funds. It has stood them in good stead so far.
Pixie, With their pocket money when they were younger, I always used to say to my children (now 23 and 19) to 'spend some and save some'. They still do that to this day when they have a bit of 'disposable income' left over from their wages/Uni funds. It has stood them in good stead so far.
I've always lived by that rule.